Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Fixes For MS Word's 'Read Only' Protecting You From Using Their Product Which You've Already Paid For

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-the-'Read-Only'-Status-on-MS-Word-Documents

I began with fix number 2, right clicking on the .docx icon, then at the bottom of the drop down menu I left clicked on properties which opens a dialogue box allowing you to check or uncheck a 'Read Only' box.

Under the General tab heading That Dialogue box, even WITH the 'Read Only' box showing Unchecked I then clicked on OK. This worked fine, until I went back online and some unseen Update/Code Myrmidon not only saved me from from myself again, but disabled any further use of that particular work around.

I had to resort to fix number 4, accessing my docs as an Administrator, to reset all my permissions to actually deal with the issue.

If you're suffering through this too, best of luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Viking Age Iceland, Privatization Run Amok or Libertarian Paradise?

If you didn't like the services your Chieftain charged you a nominal fee to provide, you could contract with another Chieftain on the ot...